Saturday, October 24, 2015

The Empath: 11

To catch up on the EMPATH writes, CLICK HERE!!!



THE EMPATH:  Chapter Eleven








SORRY IN ADVANCE!!!  I have no guesses....I had very little time to do anything this week.  I'm hoping next week will be better!!!!  :)




Sunday June 21st, 1987


**Six Feet of Earth Makes Us All Equal, is an Italian proverb.


Charlene didn't just write coordinates to get to where she's at, she also left a cryptic clue.  One that's of an Italian proverb.  On the piece of paper read:  **Six feet of earth makes us all equal.

Mary somehow had a feeling Charlene would write something like that, considering the coordinates leads to an empty area.  The quote is proof that today will be equivalent to being six feet under.


"Unmarked territory," Mary mumbles under her breath.

Mallory and Jeremiah hadn't even bothered to ask Mary what's going on.  Jeremy can already read Mary's mind.  He knows the conversation between Mary and Charlene, and when getting the map for Mary, he explained as much of the situation to Mallory without giving anything away.  They both knew better not to ask any further questions that could possibly do damage to the timeline.

"Well," Mary looks up at her two companions.  "Let's go!"

"Um," Mallory begins.  "You may want to change your clothes first."

Mary looks down and notices her pretty dress is all dirty.  She realizes her hair must be a mess.  She runs her fingers through her hair and feels something stuck inside her index finger.  She needs a pair of forceps of some sort. She tries to use her teeth like a pair of tweezers.

"Mary.  Why don't you go and get dressed?  We will have plenty of time to get to this place on the map."

Mary looks up from her finger at the two of them.  "Yeah," she says.  "I guess you're right.  I'll need to wear something black."

Jeremiah and Mallory look at each other in confusion.

****

The map points towards the bay area.  While there's a little sand, Mary knows better than to expect a beach wedding there anytime soon.  She knows it's something more sinister.  She can feel it.  That is why she chose to wear black clothing.

It wasn't her ideal kind of clothing.  She's wearing a layered black dress with something they call bicycle pants, slouch socks, and Converse sneakers.  She drew the line on styling her hair.  She took one of Mallory's scrunchies, and threw her long blonde hair back into a low ponytail.  Getting dolled up was only delaying the inevitable.

"It's a dead end," Jeremiah says.

Mary looks out at the bay.  "There has to be something more.  Charlene wouldn't have given me this message unless," she trails off.  She notices something a few miles down the shoreline.

"Unless what?"  He asks.

Mary takes out the map.  "We're standing in the wrong location," she goes on as if Jeremiah said nothing.  "We need to be at that island over there."

"There's nothing there but unmarked tombstones," Mallory speaks.

"But that's where we need to be."

"How do you know?"  Jeremiah asks.

"Because I can feel it," Mary answers.

She turns to see their faces.  She doesn't have to use her empathy to see what they're feeling.  The look on their faces was telling enough.  They were both worried.

She sucks in her breath and speaks.  "*'Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company', right?"

Jeremiah agrees to go only to protect Mary if he can.

Mallory isn't so sure either, though she feels if her daughter is brave enough to go, she will go too.

Mallory takes in a deep breath and says, "I think I may know a spell to get us there."

****


Written by ©Diana Jillian































The Empath, Chapter 11

16 comments:

  1. Wow..... this is so intriguing... love the story and on pins and needles for next segment !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I don't know where I'm really going with this just yet LOL.

      ~~DJ

      Delete
  2. Another riveting episode! So glad you had time in your busy schedule to write!! 8 points, Earthling!! :)

    -Marvin Martian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad too! I was so frustrated when I didn't have the time to write. But I have seen a glimpse of my schedule for next month and it looks like I'll have some more time. :)

      ~~DJ

      Delete
  3. Interesting episode Diana :) ~Christine W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is not a merry chase or romp on the beach. It sounds like a deadly hunt with startling revelations at the end. Bring it on girl
    Stormy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know where this is going. Eh, blame it on the prompts ;) LOL...

      --DJ

      Delete
  5. I think that I am totally lost and need to read all of the episodes since the beginning.

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lot of editing to do, but I think I'm finally done editing. The story is where I want it to be, but if you want to read more...

      Here's the link: http://thethinkywriter.blogspot.com/2015/10/links.html

      --DJ

      Delete
  6. I'm curious where the next episode is going to take us. :) I've always liked Jeremiah. :)

    ...Leta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm curious where the next chapter is going to go as well. It's all up to Marvin! :)

      --DJ

      Delete

Comments