Wednesday, October 7, 2015

The Empath: 10

To catch up....Click on the links below....


Chapter 1                      Chapter 5                  Chapter 9

Chapter 2                      Chapter 6

Chapter 3                      Chapter 7

Chapter 4                      Chapter 8





And now....Chapter 10



Let us do some shadow dancing
Underneath a celestial sky tonight
Through shadows, we'll be invisible
Forget it all until the morning light



Sunday, June 21st, 1987

Mary wakes up to find herself in a strange bed.  She looks around and notices she's surrounded by pearls and moonstones.  The pearl and the moonstone are said to be birthstones for those born in June.

"Ah! You're finally awake!"

Mary tries to adjust her eyes so she can get a better look at who is speaking to her.  She realizes who it is, and quickly tries to look for an escape.

"You're safe here," she says.  "I promise you."

"But I was able to feel your anger and jealousy," Mary replies.

"Ah," Charlene begins.  Charlene is going by Chartreuse in Mary's world.  "This room is protected.  I don't have to fake my feelings here."

Mary senses sincerity in Charlene.  She shakes her head.  "But I don't understand."

"Oh no!" Charlene exclaims.  She quickly writes something down on paper and hands it to Mary.  "When you get to your destination, please come back.  I really need your help!"

Mary looks at her in confusion, only to not see her anymore.  Now she is looking at Mallory and Jeremiah.

Mary remembers Tomoko appearing in her dreams, thinking Mary was in trouble.  She must have alerted Mallory immediately.  Mary will go back to speak with her soon.  She opens up the paper in her hand and notices they're coordinates.

"I need a map," Mary says.

***






~~DJ







































The Empath, Chapter 10

16 comments:

  1. story continues into an interesting climax???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. There was more of a backstory, but I edited it out. It just got too wordy.

      ~~DJ

      Delete
  2. Wonderful storytelling! Always so very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very nice of you to say. Thank you! :)

    ~~DJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an intriguing story.... hey, you've got the gift of gab, nothing wrong at all with that! Write on!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's no faking my feelings here - for I am truly enjoying your story continuation. Lovely poem, as well. 8 points, Earthling!

    - Marvin Martian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marvin!!!! I really appreciate it!!!! :)

      DJ

      Delete
  6. Intriguing tale Diana....cannot wait to read more. :) ~Christine W.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wondering what the coordinates are all about.

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you keep us on the edge...
    I would have read it no matter how gabby..:D
    Stormy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.....I try not to keep it wordy. LOL

      ~~DJ

      Delete
  9. I see I have missed a lot.... not sure if I'll ever catch up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All is good if you can't. There's no pressure or time limit on here! :)

      ~~DJ

      Delete

Comments