Sunday, September 18, 2022

Always Working

Week 25

September 4th - 10th: Always Working

Subtopic 1: Mention something you do at work

Subtopic 2: Use a quote from the movie Office Space

"The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."

--Peter Gibbons (Office Space) 



It seems I'm always at my computer, answering phones, relieving security,

or something of the sort at my job.


I have thought about this quiet quitting thing. Because it's not that I'm lazy, It's

that I just don't care. Well, that's not entirely true.


I really can't care.


Earlier this week, I had something that bothered my coworker. And in return,

it bothered me. I'm affected by others, and I care about their feelings.


So, someone at work pointed out to me that some things are just out of my control.


And they're right!


I'm normally the first person to say it's none of my business!


Actually, my saying is: Not my circus; not my monkeys; not my karma; not my

business!


It just helps me with the unnecessary.


It's weird too, because at one point, I was willing to lay down and die for my job.

And then an opportunity presented itself for a possible promotion! Well!


When I got passed up for it (They really didn't give anyone a chance to apply for the

position as the HR director had her friend in mind...Talk about nepotism or favoritism.

Whatever you call it). I decided that I no longer want to work the way that I am.


I also noticed that it was a bad time for me to make that decision as Andy
(my husband) was forced into retirement.

We are waiting for his disability. But as soon as it does, I will step down.

I would like to go to college for my bachelor's degree.

Eh, We'll see!!!

Thanks for reading my rant!

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments