Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The List: Thirteen

Guesses posted next to titles...

Ecrits Blogophilia Week 19.9 Topic: 

The Fight of Your Life (Doris)

Bonuses:

Hard (2 pts) : Quote Eva Gabor (Dave)
"The only thing you have to know are your words."

Easy (1 pt) : Use the phrase ‘are you ready to rumble’ (Tyler)

Picture: Jessica

To Catch Up:

Chapter 1              Chapter 2                    Chapter 3

Chapter 4              Chapter 5                    Chapter 6

Chapter 7              Chapter 8                    Chapter 9

Chapter 10            Chapter 11                  Chapter 12

Chapter Thirteen:

Another month has passed.  This time I didn't get sick or anything.  Instead, I was catching up on the month I've missed while I was sick.  I found myself catching up on school work, and gradually working myself up to jogging again.  So far, I've been walking very briskly.

Smith says he doesn't mind walking, although I can see him jogging in place.  I hope to eventually get to where I once was.  It doesn't matter how much longer I may or may not have on this earth, I have to make the most of it no matter what.

You're in the fight of your life, I mentally tell myself.  It is important, Kalura, you do whatever it takes to get through this thing called life.  Are you ready to rumble?

Indeed I am. I won't go down without a fight.  There was a quote that says, "The only thing you have to know are your words."  If I keep having my faith, and I keep on fighting the fight, I should be alright.  Xander convinced me of that the day we were at the Dali museum.

He convinced me to give school another chance.  I told him I'd try, and that is why I'm walking the park today.  I thought I would at least see him here, but that's alright.  I suppose I'll see him later.  I keep on walking, and that's when I notice something is different.

It's almost as if everything has stopped.  The trees stopped blowing.  The squirrels stopped running around.  I turn to look at Smith, who is two steps behind me, and frozen apparently.  I'm not even sure what's going on.  I walk over to Smith to see what's going on.

"You are like finding a needle in a haystack."  A voice says to me.  I turn around to see Chase standing in front of me.

I think I know where this is going.

Written by ©Diana Jillian

*********

DJ
******

4 comments:

  1. Nice segue. Looking forward to the drama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm wondering myself where this is leading.

      DJ

      Delete
  2. Good introduction here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to wrap it up. Thanks for reading! :)

      DJ

      Delete

Comments